Leggi e confronta la mission pubblicata sul sito del museo Guggenheim di Abu Dhabi. www.guggenheim.org/abu-dhabi/about qui riportata:
«The Guggenheim Abu Dhabi will be a preeminent platform for global contemporary art and culture that will present the most important artistic achievements of our time. Through its permanent collection, exhibitions, scholarly publications and educational programs, the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi will promote a truly transnational perspective on art history.
The Guggenheim Abu Dhabi will move beyond a definition of global art premised on geography by focusing on the interconnected dynamics of local, regional, and international art centers as well as their diverse historical contexts and sources of creative inspiration. In realizing this endeavor, the museum will acknowledge and celebrate the specific identity derived from the cultural traditions of Abu Dhabi and the United Arab Emirates, as well as other countries comprising the Middle East, even as it pioneers a novel, visionary model that will redefine the art-historical canon».
Evidenzia i punti salienti conformi al codice etico dei musei (fonte ICOM – International Council of Museums)
1. Museums preserve, interpret and promote the natural and cultural inheritance of humanity
2. Museums that maintain collections hold them in trust for the benefit of society and its development
3. Museums hold primary evidence for establishing and furthering knowledge
4. Museums provide opportunities for the appreciation, understanding and promotion of the natural and cultural heritage
5. Museums hold resources that provide opportunities for other public services and benefits
6. Museums work in close collaboration with the communities from which their collections originate as well as those they serve
7. Museums operate in a legal manner
8. Museums operate in a professional manner
File da scaricare